26 October 2009

Bathroom Rug--Finished!

I finished knitting my rug Sunday morning. Then, I started weaving in ends. I didn't think it would take that long as it hasn't for any of my other projects, but then once I got started I realized just what a pain in the ass it it to weave in six ends for every time I changed yarn. I didn't finish until about 30 minutes ago. Anyhow, it is finally complete, and on my bathroom floor and it feels lovely on my feet, even in socks (my big fuzzy socks I knit myself)!



I decided not to do fringe since it's going in the bathroom and it would just get wet and gross and would also  be a cat toy.

I have several projects lined up. The one I most recently decided on is a blanket made of all (well, a portion of) the crappy Red Heart yarn I have (most of which was given to me by my grandmother) using this pattern. The white part will stay white, the rest will be a bunch of other colors, some of which probably won't look very good. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it when I'm done.

Other than that, I'm planning on making a hat and gloves for my dad (shhhh, don't tell him). Those are the only things I can think of that would be manly enough for him! He is the only person in my immediate family I haven't knit anything for yet. I am also planning on making a market bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment